Git/Linux/Open Source Engineer
: 36, rue de l'Alma 92600 Asnieres, France
: +33 22.214.171.124.66
Presentations and Publications
Git bisect and testing, video, slides, abstract
Fighting regressions with git bisect, article, slides and citation on an H-online article
Fully automated bisecting with "git bisect run", article
Work Experience (15 years)
Senior Release Engineer
Developed tools to help developers merge, build and deploy software. Provided technical support to developers.
Java, C#, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Perforce, Git, Windows, Linux.
Senior Software Development Engineer
- Managed and developed a critical SMS gateway connected to french mobile phone operators, sending and receiving millions of SMS per month.
- Developed an iPhone application for Olympique Lyonnais (one of the best french soccer team).
Software Development Engineer
Developed a C++ backend software to store and retrieve files on a distributed system.
Linux Development Environment Expert
- Managed development environment and software tools used to develop embedded applications on TV/ADSL set top boxes running Linux.
- Migrated development environment to Kubuntu (Linux). Automated: development environment installation, network services installation, SDK generation. Provided technical support to 50 developers.
Release, build, version control and software Engineer
- Managed all Webraska's builds, releases and version control.
- Designed, implemented and maintained a unique build system in Perl for both server side and mobile phone software. Mentored 6 QA people using it. This build system also automatically builds mobile phone applications each night for 6 different smart-phone OS.
- Developed world class geospatial server software in C/C++ and it's installation scripts in Bash. The technology for this geospatial software and it's build and installation system has been bought by Yahoo and then put into production on http://maps.yahoo.com. Acceptance for the build and installation part generated no remarks.
- Managed all the software on test and QA platforms consisting of 25+ Linux and 5+ Windows servers and build machines. Maintained CVS, Bugzilla, Apache, Samba and Nagios servers under Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Interim consultant at CS Systems
Developed Perl tools generating Cobol code to help migrate from hierarchical to relational databases.
Perl, Linux, Cobol, Oracle, DB2, IDMS, IDS2, MVS.
Consultant at Cetelem (2 years and a half): development and support manager for two critical intranet applications
- Managed some development projects on Cetelem's billing and computer project management application (up to 3 people).
- Installed, developed and maintained 18 instances of Cetelem's hot-line and support application, deployed for international subsidiaries, clients and suppliers.
Many short missions about free software (1 year and a half)
- Designed and developed a directory application in PHP with OpenLDAP for Connex (2 month) and Paris 5 University (2 month).
- Ported a C++ network probe management application from Windows to Solaris (2 month) for Ipanema Technologies.
- Installed Linux servers and workstations with miscellaneous services (DNS, Proxy, mail servers, LDAP, Java, ...) for La Poste, Linbox and 3CIF (a few days each time).
- Many other development, support, security and consulting missions (France Telecom, Neuf Telecom, Interscan, Respublica, ...).
Consultant at Thales (formerly Thomson-CSF) Communications
- Developed software for radio spectrum control and communication intelligence and warfare in C++ and C.
- Successfully worked on 4 different projects.
Developed image and data processing medical software in C++.
C++, MacOS, CodeWarrior, Oracle.
Open Source Software Contributions
- Development (about 280 commits, rank 12 by number of commits) of Linus Torvalds' and Junio Hamano's Git Version Control System.
- Main "git bisect" developer since march 2007. Developed many git bisect sub commands, and the git replace command.
- Many improvements and bug fixes in many parts of Git: "git reset", "git config", "git rev-parse", "git help", etc.
- Mentored students working on Git for "Google Summer of Code" 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Designed Eiffel Forum License, version 2 with FSF's David Turner and Gobo users to be OSI approved and compatible with the GNU GPL.
- Worked on small projects in the Eiffel language.
- Integrated Qt Designer into KDevelop.
- Worked on many parts of Kdevelop/Kate and was one of the top 3 KDevelop developer.
Military service and internships
Military service as scientist
- Followed contracts of DGA/DRET's optoelectronics division.
- Developed a software for synthetic aperture optics in IDL.
Internship as software developer
Developed a test application for spectrophotometers in C++.
Internship as software developer
Developed a SCSI driver in C to access hard discs.
- Optics, Electronics, Computer Science, Physics.
- Had very good grades in all computer science related courses.
- Computer science related courses included: C++, Fortran, assembly, algorithmics, signal processing, microprocessor architecture, digital electronics, boolean logic.
C Baccalaureate and then preparation classes for Grandes Ecoles entrance exams.
Native tongue French, fluent in English, speak a little bit Japanese, understand a little bit German.
Published on Friday 26 March 2010 by Christian